Tuesday 14 December 2010

Research and Planning: Cover Draft 1

This is a copy of the original image used for my cover.



This is a copy of the manipulated image transformed to my magazine cover.
This is the process of how I used image manipulation on photoshop to change one of the photos I have taken into my whole front cover:
  • I started by editing the photo copying the layer and using the smart blur tool to make the skin look clearer and brighter.
  • Next I used the magnetic lasso tool to cut out the image of the model from the background.
  • Having this image then selected I then used 'Image' > 'Image Rotation' and flipped my image to the right.
  • I then chose the layer of the background and changed the background to black an white in order to make the model stand out in colour.
  • I then had to use zooming tools to make the background bigger to cover any empty spaces, I also cut and copied small sections of the background to empty gaps and rotated them so all the background wasn't the same.
  • Lastly I used the texts tools on photoshop in which I downloaded my chosen fonts and added my masthead and text.
  • I also downloaded a barcode font with which I could add a barcode to my cover.
  • I feel I kept the background of my photo to be the background of the cover as it not only compliments the models photo but the images of the branches behind give a rugged dark effect to the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment